Tikoy with Cheese in Lumpia Wrapper
Tikoy with Cheese sounds tasty, doesn’t it? Imagine the sweetness of the tikoy combined with the saltiness of the cheese, made even more delicious with the crunch of the lumpia wrapper. It’s good. Yummy good.
Tikoy with Cheese Recipe
- Lumpia wrappers cut in half – one per tikoy
- Tikoy* – sliced into rectangles
- Cheese* – sliced into rectangles
- Water – to seal the wrapper
- * Tikoy and Cheese ratio: 1 is to 1
How to do it:
- On half a lumpia wrapper, place one piece of tikoy, top with sliced cheese.
- Wrap the tikoy and cheese like a present, using water to seal the edges.
- Fry each piece in a hot oiled pan until golden brown on both sides.
- Pat each piece with a paper towel to get rid of excess oil.
- Serve hot. Eat hot.
Tikoy with cheese in lumpia wrapper — super easy to make and quick to cook! Serve it as a light snack. I suggest serving it fresh from the fryer. When you bite into a freshly cooked piece, the crackle and crunch of the lumpia wrapper, the sweet stickiness of the tikoy and the cheese oozing out is a really delightful experience. You’ll find yourself reaching for another piece in no time.
My sister was holding the last two pieces this morning. “Gawa ka ulit nito! (Make more of these!),” she said. Nothing delights my (wannabe) cook’s heart more than hearing words like that. Cook this for your loved ones too!
Over at The Philippine Online Chronicles, I wrote about the many ways to enjoy tikoy. Check it out! What are your favorite tikoy recipes? Come share it in the comments.
I hope you enjoy this tikoy with cheese recipe! Happy Chinese New Year!
ConnieFebruary 24, 2015 at 5:03 pm (8 years ago)
How very creative! What kind of cheese did you use, Toni? I’m thinking that the saltier the cheese, the better the contrast. But salty cheeses don’t melt well.
Connie´s last blog post ..Today’s breakfast: baked hash browns and eggs
ToniFebruary 25, 2015 at 4:00 pm (8 years ago)
Hi Connie! I used Tillamook cheese in Sharp Cheddar.