Quick to make dinner dish!
Stir-fry tofu can be made even more delicious when you’ve got leeks, mushrooms and yellow bell peppers. Here’s a recipe I experimented with and that my family has grown to love!
Recipe: Stir-fry Tofu with Leeks, Mushrooms and Bell Peppers
- 1 bunch of leeks, sliced into 1″ pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips (you can use roasted bell pepper slices – this makes the dish much sweeter!)
- 1 bowl of mushrooms (I recommend golden mushrooms or shiitake)
- 2 cups of firm tofu, cubed
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons of Knorr liquid seasoning (or regular soy sauce)
- 5 tablespoons oil
Make them golden!
- In hot oil, fry the tofu cubes till they’re golden brown on all sides. When done, remove with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the tofu cubes with the brown sugar and Knorr liquid seasoning. Stir to coat the tofu cubes. Let sit while you do the next steps.
- If there’s too much oil, remove excess with a spoon. In the same pan, slide in the leeks. Cook till soft.
- Stir in the yellow bell peppers. Stir.
- Slide in the mushrooms. Stir.
- Stir in the whole bowl of tofu cubes, making sure to spoon out any sugar and seasoning sticking to the bowl. Stir the whole pan so the flavors mix together.
- Serve warm.
Done! Other ways you can enjoy this dish:
- You can opt to replace liquid seasoning with oyster or hoisin sauce, but at a lesser quantity since they’re much more flavorful.
- Stir in some ginger strips for a more comforting vibe.
- Serve over brown rice. Individual servings give off a hearty vibe too!