Can you guess what dessert this is? Here are some clues…
1. The hero of this dessert is the buttercream icing.
2. Its name is composed of two words.
3. The first word is French for “without.”
4. It’s a layered dessert.
5. If the nuts suck even if the butter filling is oustanding, sorry, but your dessert gets an F.
6. Speaking of nuts, cashews and almonds are good for this. Pistachios are much better.
7. This dessert is both chewy and crunchy.
8. Best eaten slightly chilled — the butter should melt lazily in your tongue for maximum flavor.
9. There are meringues in there.
10. You can prepare this as is or put in fruits, like mangoes. It’s not obvious in the picture, but this dessert has jackfruit in it.
11. The second word of this dessert’s name is synonymous to “enemy.” Oh yes, this dessert is without enemy that is for sure. Unless you count calories!
12. As with all desserts, for this one, you get what you pay for. Meaning the more expensive it is, the more exquisite it will taste.
13. To the locals, I have fond memories of Burger Machine’s version of this.
Can you tell what it is now? No peeking at the other comments! 😉