I’ve invited Michelle of Mom-Friday, to do a guest post on her own wifely steps. Read on and be inspired by how she has been living the wife life over the past 8 years and counting.
First, I just have to say it is such a thrill to be a guest blogger at Toni’s top home and parenting blog. And this is my first guest post ever!
As you can see from the title, this will be all about my being a wife, not my usual mommy post. I have to thank Toni for this because it made me realize that I rarely talked or wrote about being one. It made me look back at my ‘wifely steps’ and how I had been to hubby J over the last 8 years, 8 months, 9* days and counting.
My wife-life can get too serious and emotional at times and I am still a work in progress. Hence, let me take you along on some lighter and fun (embarrassing) moments of my wifely steps. Don’t shoot me! =)
• I am NOT a morning person: Hubby wakes up waaay too early for me =). Therefore… make your own breakfast J! (Although I do have my moments a few times in a month…that would count right?)
• I screen his office attire. I don’t screen his calls.
• I respect his time at work so I don’t call nor text unless it’s urgent. (Or when I badly need his techie solutions for my tech-related emergencies)
• TV and movie time is hubby’s “me-time” = I learned that “resistance is futile”.
• I badly need to master cooking hubby’s favorite dishes…even when I can count them in just 5 fingers. (I admit,I’m too lazy to learn.)
• Kids like his corned beef guisado better than mine.
• I forget to buy his vitamins, his snacksand chips (intentional at times), and his dental floss.
• I drag myself to play Xbox, Playstation, PSP, and iPad games with him (did I mention I’m not a gadgets type of gal?)
• I tug his pillow and elbow him when his snores get too loud already
• I am not a syrupy-sweet kinda wife (I’d like to believe hubby doesn’t mind since we’re not a mushy couple to begin with)
• PDA is not in our marriage vocabulary, save for the usual holding-hands-while-walking
• I’d like to think that I’m a cool and supportive wife, but very, very far from being ideal
• I’m completely dependent on J (good and bad)
• I’m a good listener (unless he gets too techie again… zzzzzz….)
• Date nights? I wish! Reserved for special occasions only. Brunch dates are preferred (he’s a morning person remember?)
Becoming a wife completely changed me, and I have to confess that I lost a part of who I am. It’s a sacrifice I have made to embrace this fulfilling path as a life partner. And I truly believe everything turned out for the better. My wifely steps have enriched me. I am blessed to be married to a very responsible, loving, generous, and principled man whom I love and trust completely.
About Mom-Friday: Advertising, public relations and events were my world then. I’m now a stay-at-home mom to a very active boy and girl. Aside from nurturing our small brood, helping in our family businesses and engaging in social media projects are what’s keeping me these days. I will celebrate my 9th year of being a wife on November 30. Here are 8 random things I learned in 8 years of marriage: http://www.mymomfriday.com/2010/11/8-years-after-i-do.html. Take a peek into my world at My Mom-Friday.