Sunshine Award Love!
Thank you to Louisa of Art of Being a Mom for giving me a Sunshine Award! The palm trees make me want to dig my feet into the sand, feel the waves wash over me and the feel the sun on my face. Thanks for that short and sweet mental vacation, Louisa. 😉
There are rules to the Sunshine Award! Check below if you’re nominated for one too! 😉
Sunshine Award Love
Here are the rules:
For the Sunshine Award, the blogger must:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts.
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers to recommend. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate, answer & let all the bloggers know they’ve been nominated. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
Are the rules clear? Awesome. Now read on because I might just have nominated you for the Sunshine Award. And now…
11 Random Facts About Me
- I wear size 6 ½ shoes.
- I was named after a beauty queen in the ‘70s.
- My juice of the moment is Del Monte’s Tipco Broccoli Juice. It’s not pure broccoli; it’s also got celery, kiwi, apple… but it’s still green. 100% natural. Timmy loves it too!
- I can’t sleep with the lights on. Timmy prefers having the lamp on, but I’m teaching him to sleep with all the lights out! Our bodies get better sleep that way.
- I don’t know how to ride a bike.
- Because I have a terrible sense of balance.
- My all-time favorite movie is “Dead Poets Society.”
- My favorite Pixar film is “Toy Story 3”.
- I am 5 feet tall.
- My morning alarm goes off to “Brighter Than Sunshine” by Aqualung.
- I’m sad that is this How I Met Your Mother’s last season, but relieved at the same time because we know it ends happily.
And now to answer Louisa’s 11 questions!
1. What inspires you to blog?
Being able to help others and connect with others through my stories. Hopefully the things I learn about in my life help others make their lives better, more inspired, easier.
2. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
If you mean NON-LIVING THING by “thing” and not something abstract like love and happiness, then I’d have to say my eyeglasses. I cannot see without my glasses.
3. If you could go back in time what year would you choose and why?
I’d go back to 1994 and tell my freshman college self to get involved in school activities. Try out for the Drama club. Try out for the Fencing Team!!! Crap, I regret not doing that. I had my reasons for chickening out, but looking back they were hardly valid. So yeah, 1994 it is.
4. What food do you run to when you’re depressed?
Chocolate. Preferably Crunchy Almond Toblerone.
5. Are you a saver or a spender?
6. What is your job and do you love what you do?
I’m a Planner by profession. I enjoy what I do. Love is a strong word. I love writing, I enjoy planning. There’s a diff. 😉
7. If you could change your name what would you change it to?
I think my Mom wanted to name me Genevieve. I like Genevieve. It’s hard to spell, but that makes it even more fun to have as a name.
8. How do you spend your free time?
Playing games on my iPhone. Seriously. Cooking Dash. Phrases Friends.
10. How old do you feel?
32. 4 years younger.
11. Have you ever done anything dangerous and why?
Ride a car without a seatbelt. Tsk, tsk.
And now for the 11 questions I will ask my 11 nominees:
1. What advice would you give your 17-year-old self?
2. What color makes you look extra beautiful?
3. If you could cook only ONE dish perfectly all the time, what dish would it be and why?
4. Do you think you’ll consider cosmetic surgery in the future? Why/why not?
5. Have you ever been so involved with a TV show that you cried when the season/run ended?
6. Who’s a fictional character you’d like to be best friends with?
7. What’s the first thing you do upon waking up?
8. How superstitious are you?
9. What else would you like to achieve with your blog?
10. When faced with stress, which do you go for: Fight or Flight?
11. What song calms you down?
My 11 nominees are as follows:
Woohoo! Here’s to lots of sunshine in our lives!